What is ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 is the new Energy Management System standard for improving energy performance. It demonstrates an organisation’s commitment to improving its energy efficiency and its contribution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Having ISO 50001 ensures compliance with the Energy Savings Opportunities Scheme Regulations (ESOS).
What are the benefits ISO 50001?
- Significantly reduced energy costs and carbon footprint for most organisations
- Achieve higher ROIs on investments in plant, equipment and infrastructure
- Maintain compliance with energy legislation – in particular the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) Regulations
- Readily available data for producing Greenhouse Gas Reports for annual company reports
- Improved position in the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) Performance League Table
- Help maintain rebates for the Climate Change Levy (CCL)
What are the key actions needed to achieve certification to ISO 50001?
- Implement a policy for improving energy performance
- Analyse and understand the key energy drivers in your business
- Implement an energy planning and review processes
- Set targets for reducing your energy consumption
- Identify energy performance improvement opportunities and maintain an improvement programme
- Implement operational controls to support improved energy performance
- Measure and monitor energy performance
- Engage employees and suppliers
- Undertake asset, system and compliance audits
- Conduct system reviews
- Undergo an audit by a UKAS-accredited certification body
How can ISO in a Box™ help?
We provide support to any organisation wanting to achieve ISO 50001 certification and/or implement an energy management system that delivers tangible business benefits.
We will support you by completing an extensive review of your existing system and providing you with any documentation, implementation resource or guidance needed to successfully achieve certification within a manageable timescale.